Thursday 1 August 2013

We are back.

After a very long and stressful week in Tarbes for the Young Rider World Endurance Championships, we are all back in one piece and just beginning to wind down!

Today is my second day home and I have just about managed to get everything back to normal. All the washing has been done, tidying up done and my first day back to work was yesterday so there has been no time to think about much. I am now sat down in front of the TV and have found a few minutes to digest just what Czarko and I have achieved. Needless to say, I am so proud of Czarko for keeping focussed and pulling out all the stops to complete the race with all the odds against us such as the humid weather conditions and nobody around us to give us any motivation. We finished 47th out of the 84 starters and were part of the nearly 60% to complete which demonstrates just how challenging to race was.

When I have a bit longer than a few minutes, I will write a detailed post about all my experiences in Tarbes to share with you...


1 comment: