Sunday 21 July 2013

We leave tomorrow!

I am finally settling down to TRY and sleep before we begin our journey to the Young Rider World Endurance Championships tomorrow. Today has been a busy day filled with:

Clipping - Czarko has been fully clipped to increase our chances of cooling him down as quickly as possible in each vet gate to get his heart rate down and in and out of the vet gate rapidly.

Packing - I hope I have packed everything! I manage to keep thinking of little things to add here and there but the bulk of it is done and ready to go to Dover to meet the other team members and go on the lorry.

Arranging: There has been some changes in the crew so it has been going around in my head 'who will be best to be where' and what crew I will have in certain places. I am lucky enough to be able to have a road crew and a vet gate crew reducing the chances of my crew not getting back to the vet gate before I do!

Buying - I went and spent out on bits and pieces such as a 'spare' girth and another girth sleeve along with john whitaker union jack brushing boots with the thought going through my mind 'it's a once in a lifetime opportunity - JUST BUY IT'. Not the best to have I must say but nevertheless, Czarko will look the part!

Stressing: It all sank in today that this is all actually happening and that we are leaving tomorrow. So stress is on board and hanging around for the journey by the looks of things.

This will be my last post until we get back from france as I will be very tied up with the ongoings over there, wish me luck!

1 comment: